MicroAnnex XL w/ Linux ?

I recently aquired a used MicroAnnex XL 16-port terminal server, and have
been attempting to configure it.

I downloaded the Annex CommServer software, revision 10.0, which is
apparantly either the latest version to support the MicroAnnex XL, or at
least the latest version the company is willing to distribute free of
charge.

All of the (useful) documentation, however, is for revision 13.3 or newer.

This software was apparantly last updated in 1998, although most of it seems
to be as old as 1995 (according to comments in the various source code,
etc).

I have successfully booted the Annex TS via tftp from my Debian (2.1) box,
however the Linux utilities included with the CommServer R10.0 package do
not work at ALL.  The precompiled binaries all segfault, and the source code
does not compile under Linux--it seems to require some old, old, old, old
legacy termcap support that, as far as I can tell, has not ever been
supported in Linux (at least not in the last 3-4 years).  It makes
references to several structs, #defines, etc, that I've only been able to
find on some BSDI boxen.

My question at this point is, without going into much more detail with my
problem (since it's so obscure, and I'm kind of doubting that a more
detailed description would be of much help to most people out there):

 1. Has anyone had any success using an Annex terminal server (either the
    MicroAnnex XL or another model) with a Linux server?
 2. Does anyone have access to a later release of this software, and if so,
    does it work under (modern) Linux installations?
 3. If no to 1 and 2, then, can anyone offer any further suggestions as to
    where I might look for further assistance?  (DejaNews, google.com, and
    the manufacturer's web site have all been nearly fruitless thus far.)

Thanks!

--
Floppy disk tip #3: Do not fold diskettes unless they do not fit into the
drive. "Big" Diskettes may be folded and used in "Little" drives.