Re: NIC install problem SOLVED
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: NIC install problem SOLVED
- From: Áts Attila <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:36:12 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <Áts Attila's message of "Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:52:21 +0200"> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 06:52 2000.06.21. +1000, you wrote:
>Áts Attila <email@example.com> writes:
>> I've got an install problem. I want to install my Ethernet card
>> (NE2000 compatible PCI produced by KTI Networks). I start modconf,
>> choose net, choose ne2k-pci, get a message The ne2k-pci module is
>> not currently installed. I choose Install, get a message Parameter
>> documentation for this module is unavailable and installation fails.
>> What can be the problem and the solution?
>Usually, you need to specify the io address and/or irq for the network
>card. Something like "IRQ=10".
>Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember;
>involve me and I'll understand - Chinese Proverb.
Thank you for your help. Problem looks to has been solved.
Module 8390.o should be loaded before ne2k-pci.o.
I had to specify neither IRQ nor I/O, they were detected.
There was another problem, the card was not properly
inserted in the PCI slot :-( (was not my mistake).