Re: upgrade

> apt selection for downloading the packages.  Does this method also update my
> kernel to the current one debian uses?  I keep hearing about the release

It updates it to the kernel used by the revision of Debian you've
selected, yes. So, if you're running 2.1 and you've selected 2.1
("stable", or "slink), you'll get upgraded to whatever the most recent
kernel is for slink as long as the "kernel-<whatever>" package is
selected.

> 2.2 suppose to come out, or is that potato?

"potato" is the code name given to 2.2.  It's not quite released yet, but
it should be rsn.

> what do I type to show the current kernel version?

"uname -r"

                     					Will

|   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |