Transparent proxy question.

Have setup transparent proxy using an access-list on a Cisco 1603 and
running ipchains to forward packets to squid on the proxy.  When I have the
proxy set ( manual http proxy ) it works fine, but when proxy is disable and
transparent should take affect this is what happends:

Packet gets forwarded from cisco to proxy machine
packet gets sent to squid but on the my browser i get a squid error saying
that:

the url :/ cannout be found

please check the url and make sure no illegal characters are being used.

Has anyone got any clues?  any help appreciated!

Nathan