Re: mail server w/ 65000++ users

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Chad A. Adlawan wrote:
>> For best performance have no direct TCP connections between your mail server
>> and the outside world.  Have the MX records point to an inbound-relay which
>> sends the mail to the real server.
>
>   hello :-)
>
>   i pretty much dont get this part.  what should be done is to point the
>MX record to another mail server ?  what also confused me is, how does that
>server send the mail to the "real server" ?  errr, did i ask the right
>question ?

Firstly could you please configure your email client to put no more than 79
characters on each line, it makes things easier to read and to quote.

You have the inbound relay configured to send all mail for the domain to the
IP address of the real server.  Or you could just configure the inbound relay
to send all mail it receives to the real mail server.

--
My current location - X marks the spot.