Re: can apache log to MySQL ?

> WHAT log file?  The database table is the "log file" ... there's no
> transferlog on disk in the form of a file.  The object of the game (in
> this thread anyway) is to get Apache to write directly to a database.
> You can do that with mod_perl or by piping the log output to a perl
> script that knows what to do.  See Craig's sample script a few posts
> back in this thread.

    in continuous search for the best sollution to the problem im trying to
solve, I recently found an article, complete w/ all source and stuff, talking
about piping Apache logs directly to MySQL.  it acan be found at :

    http://www.webtechniques.com/archives/2000/04/perl/

    written by Randal Shwartz.

    Craig, thanks a lot for the script.  would you also (and all other PERL
experts) take a look at Randal's scripts and maybe tell us what you think ?

thanks,

Chad