Re: linux routing

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 01:39:28PM -0700, Kevin wrote:
> Well my main question is how I do it at all.  Even if it's not the best way
> or the only way.  Just humor me.  I can't find any kind of docs on how to
> actually do it.

You're making it too hard.  To route traffic from one interface to the
other, enable IP forwarding.

  echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

or

  sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward=1

ought to do the trick assuming your kernel has been compiled to
support IP forwarding.  The default installation kernel does do this.
However, I recommend recompiling your kernel to reduce the SCSI driver
bloat (unless you really do have 20 SCSI controllers in your system).
This gives you the opportunity to enable firewalling, etc.

Regards,

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/