Re: it's safe to run a web hosting server with the unstable distributions ?

Is there say a test that can be implimented that would test to determine
wheather the program you are running will work under perl<whatever> and
then pick that version of perl? That would really rock and would possibly
be quite easy considering perl is a great tool for text manipulation and
analysis.