Re: Making Debian Recognize 256 Meg of Ram

> Would somebody be kind enough to tell me how to make my machine recognize
> 256Meg of RAM.
>
> When I added the ram and did top and did see only 64Meg.

very common, but well documented poblem.
most of the motherboards are not capable to tell the linux how many ram is
installed and the Linux sees 64MB only due some old DOS-style codes.
mostly this problem is based on a false BIOS software.
put the following line into lilo.conf to the proper label-section and
rerun lilo.
append="mem=256M"

bye
NADASI Peter