Re: Easier administration (similar to Linuxconf)

Well... its true... if people wrote enough modules for Linuxconf, then it
could, theoretically, have functionality similar to colbat servers.

However... even if you don't have all those modules, at least standardize
on some common tools, and make the functionality similar, if not better,
than colbat servers. I know colbat servers don't have exim and smail,
zmailer, etc. ... only sendmail (by default, afaik). And that allows them
to make the interface and everything work PROPERLY and FULLY with just that
server. If someone wrote something like that, and they said "either use
Apache, Sendmail, webalizer and majordomo, or don't use Linuxconf", i
wouldn't have a beef. You can't expect people to write a module for
everything under the sun. But at least get the few modules really working
with full customization.

I hope you guys know what i mean. I don't expect it to work with
everything. But get something working like Colbat servers... only a few
package options, but those packages, once installed, can be fully
customized easily, and the configs can be distributed to many servers
easily, without hassle and fuss.

I'd be willing to help out a bit if someone shared the same philosophy as I
do :-)

Oh.. and I know i could do this all with scripts, write it all myself, but
thats not the point. I mean... i don't admin hundreds of servers... but its
enough to make manually configuring each a time consuming hassle. If
something is already out there, why would i need to write scripts? Why not
pool all our efforts towards one project and get it working properly? :-)

Jason.