network.conf file for static IPs ???

Hi,

I'm rather new to LRP and have some problems setting up the network.conf
file.

The situation is like this :
I've setup LRP(Materhorn) on a floppy and it's recognising both my 3c905
NIC cards but I'm not able to ping any other machine on the network.
I'm using LRP in a lab environment so I do not have a PPP link. The
NIC cards have the following static addresses
eth0=128.82.8.32
eth1=128.82.13.32
I did'nt give any default gateway since I'm running my tests only in the
lab and I wanted to use routed and gated. The routed daemon is not up
since it does not showup in the "ps ax" command. I wanted to run routed
but could not fine the executable "routed" in the /etc/sbin ot he /sbin
directory. After being unable to run routed, I tried giving a default
gateway(128.82.8.1 - the next hop router). It still did'nt work, I was not
able to ping any other machine on the network.

I have'nt found any documentation on how the lrp files(network.conf) have
to be setup for static IPs. Is it absolutely necessary to have a PPP
connection ? If not what are the changes I have to make in the
network.conf file ?  Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get it to
work or point me to some site that would help me solve the problem ???

Thanks in advance
Kesha