IP Filter & Ip Acct - Please help

Has anyone successfully compiled 1. IP Filter and 2. IP Acct ( Per User )
for debian?  Ip Filter, the latest source was only written for the 2.0.31
kernel, even then I cannot get it to fully compile due to somany errors,
thus IP Acct wont work.

Has anyone got these to work? know where I could get .deb packages maybe or
know of another way to account IP addresses on our network.  If there is
another program that does a similar job ( all we know to know is traffic in
and out of say a 172.58.22.0/24 network for billing purposes )

Any help apreciated.

Thanks
Ridgey