Re: login prompt problem for windows users.

Ahh, the wonderful mgetty/ppp/pam interoperability issue revisted.
Unfortunately, the only way to get these programs to work together is
through some kludging and hacking.  Trial and error.  Good luck.  Hopefully
in soon to be released versions they will work properly out of the box.
Does anybody know the status of these issues with the development teams?  I
know it took considerable trial and error to get ppp working on my box.

At 02:59 AM 3/9/00 -0500, Chuck Peters wrote:
>It seems it is an issue of mgetty, not ppp. Once he does get logged in via
>bring up the terminal window after dialing he can initate PPP just fine.
>The login prompt is not being displayed until after one hits the enter key
>once and that seems to be what is making the problem for windows users.
>On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Gerard MacNeil wrote:
>> Note: I change that 'a_ppp' above to a '-' and fight with PAM to have
>> mgetty log the PPP connections to the utmp/wtmp files.  This enables
>> commands like 'who' and 'last' to show results on the dialup servers.  It
>> looks like the latest version of PPP in the potato distribution has
>> stopped the fight between mgetty and PAM (not well tested by myself yet).

|        -=I T ' S  P R I N C I P L E  T H A T  C O U N T S=-       |
|=-                  -=ALAN KEYES FOR PRESIDENT=-                 -=|
| Balanced Budgets     Personal Freedoms     Morality     Lower Tax |
|=--                  http://www.Keyes2000.com.                  --=|