Re: login prompt problem for windows users.

It seems it is an issue of mgetty, not ppp. Once he does get logged in via
bring up the terminal window after dialing he can initate PPP just fine.
The login prompt is not being displayed until after one hits the enter key
once and that seems to be what is making the problem for windows users.

I have everything setup as suggested below or the defaults except that I
turned authenication off with noauth in options.ttyQ1a7.  And yes I know
that is a bad idea/secuity issue, I'll fix that later after we get this
login issue worked out.

I know we had this Equinox working fine before, a year or 2 ago the guy we
bought it from had us set it up for him with Debian.

I will try turing off the -s option in inittab and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Chuck