Re: europeonline...

Moin Andrius Kasparavicius,

> www.europeonline.com for 15$ per month gives 0,5MBPS via sattelite. I
> think 15$ is really low cost for the 0.5 online. Maybe here is who tryed
> this provider. Please give his opinion about this service.

  We have sold it, and well $15 for private customers is low cost, but
  you should ask to bundle a normal 0800 flatrate tarif for the uplink
  provider.

  The service only offers fast download. Upload has to be done by a normal
  dialup or leased line. So as long as you dont have a connection with a
  flatrate tarif or a leased line, you'll have to pay additional online cost.

  Also because of sattalite technic, the ping turnaround is quite slow.
  So Europeonline is useless, if ssh or online action shooter are one of
  your most important service. HTTP and FTP are quite fast in download,
  and ok in connect time.

  So you need a policy based router/firewall to deceide, wether one of
  your packets should have an IP number for your leased line, or an IP
  number from the Europeonline pool.

  IMHO Europeonline is great, if you have a 64k leased line that is accounted
  by traffic, and if you want to drop your monthly invoice claiming gigabytes
  of traffic. You would send any HTTP/FTP request packets with the IP
  number from the Europeonline pool, and any other with an IP number of
  your leased line. This will cause your ISP invoice to count less bytes,
  as the ACK upload is the only traffic.

  Europeonline is also great for ISPs who offer Europeonline together
  with a 0800 flatrate bundle. They could connect many customers with
  a service comparable to a leased line without having reserve bandwidth
  for them, as the Europeonline customers are only doing uplink traffic,
  and uplink bandwidth is seldom a problem for an ISP.

  IMHO Europeonline is useless if you have a dialup line (you still have
  to pay it if you are online) and if services like ssh,quake,doom,...
  are your most important use of the InterNet.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de             UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:2.2:14'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/           CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM