mgetty + autoPPP : denying users

Hi,

Is anyone using mgetty's autoPPP features and able to deny access to
certain user by using /etc/ppp/pap-secrets on a debian Slink ?

I don't manage to do so...
My mgetty's autoPPP is working fine (users can connect without
scripts), but I'd like to deny access to certain users, and I've done
as directed in the comments of /etc/ppp/pap-secrets, but it's not
working (user is still granted access).

Is anyone working the same way ?
(I can't change the password, style the accounts are used as email accounts,
I just want to be sure they aren't used as PPP dialin account)

in /etc/mgetty/login.config :
/AutoPPP/ -     -       /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login

in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
# Every regular user can use PPP and has to use passwords from /etc/passwd
*       fritz   ""      *

(fritz being my dialin computer)

so I add lines like that in /etc/ppp/pap-secrets :
jaune           fritz   "*"     -

but user jaune can still connect without script just fine.

what I'm doing wrong ?

TIA

--
Patrick, just himself and a little less.