Re: detecting/killing eggdrops thru cron

Hi,

This is a little stupid perl script i wrote which killes processes from
users which are not logged on and which processes are not bound to a tty.
Additionally i use idled to kill idle users.

See if it fits and don't blame me for anything, it doesn't always work
like expected ;)

Regards,

Tommy

#!/usr/bin/perl

@online=`who|awk '{print \$1}'`;
@procs=`ps auxw |grep "\?" |egrep -v
"(root|daemon|grep|sshd|talkd)"|/usr/bin/awk '{print \$1" "\$2
" "\$11}'`;

foreach $line (@procs) {
   ($user,$pid,$what) = split(" ",$line);
   $online = 0;
   foreach $users (@online) {
     if ( $user eq $users ) {
       $online = 1;
     }
   }
   if ( ! $online ) {
     open(LOGJE,">>/var/log/killed.log") || die $!;
     $time = scalar localtime;
     print LOGJE "$time user $user pid $pid what $what\n";
     close LOGJE;
     `kill -9 $pid`;
   }
}