Re: uucp/rmail -- urgently need help!

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 08:18:40PM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Seth R Arnold wrote:
>
> > Ok lists, I desperatly need your help.
> >
> > I have been tasked with moving the company's email from a modem-based uucp
> > to a tcp/ip based uucp. We will make the firewall our mx, and I have
> > sendmail installed on it.
> >
> > uucp can copy files (over tcp/ip) between speedy (an SCO 5.0.5, running
> > sco's honeydanber uucp) and scorch (a linux firewall, taylor uucp, sendmail
> > 8.9.3, mostly a hand-rolled machine from before I met debian).
> >
> > This error message from scorch's logs is the one causing the trouble:
> > uuxqt speedy mmdf (2000-01-13 16:25:00.10 21228) ERROR: Not permitted to
> > execute rmail
> >

> Which MTA are you using? I think also that commands UUCP uux executes must
> be only in certain directories. Find out where rmail lives on your system
> and make a link from /usr/bin/rmail to that binary and see if that helps.
> Also check for world execute on the binary.

I am *very* pleased to report that help from Ian Taylor fixed the problem --
the listing of commands available to be executed on each system in the sys
file need to be space seperated, not comma seperated. There were other
problems too, but I think I have them all sorted out.

*sigh*

It's the little things that get you...

Thanks everyone for the help and concern; you guys are great. :)

:)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!