Re: Sendmail question

Robert:

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999, Robert H. Clugston wrote:
> I want sendmail to write mail spools without checking to see if the user is
> a user of the system. I instead want to use my virtusertable. For Ex.

I am not sure if this is exactly what you want, or if this is the correct
way to do it, but it works for me:

Added user to my virtuser table (and recreated database)
this user points to a non-system user, which I added to my /etc/aliases
This /etc/aliases user is like:
JCRTEST:	/var/spool/mail/JCRTEST

Then I created /var/spool/mail and chowned the directory to daemon:wheel
(who my sendmail runs as) and made it user and group writable.

  Jeremy C. Reed
  http://www.reedmedia.net