Re: Maildir format and daemons

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 06:20:30PM +0100, Robert Varga wrote:

> > Currently using qpopper for pop3, but we need to nfs our home dirs. I
> > thought that it would make sense to stick maildis in the home for
> > simplified disk accounting and user deletion. Reading the qmailer docs to
> > do this I realized that I would need a pop3d to access the maildir
> > formated directoties. Any suggestions?
>
> Use qmail-pop3d from the qmail package, or the vchkpw package.
> Unfortunately vchkpw debian package version is quite old, 3.1.2 (current
> is 3.4.10), but you can download the current version and install it. Jon
> Marler is packaging a newer version (3.4.9) but he has not written to the
> debian-qmail list (qmail@planetsites.com) awhile...

I just packaged up 3.4.9, but didn't have any luck packaging up 3.4.10  I
need to figure out how to get the cdb libraries in there.  The mysql
libraries are easy.  I also need to figure out how I can make a 3.4.10
package that doesn't have the mysql parameters compiled in.  I need to
hack out some kind of .conf file or something ...  Or maybe make another
dreaded -src package!  AAARRRGGGHHH!!!  The horror!

You can get the new vpopmail package (which replaces the vchkpw package
completely) and the new vchkpw-cgi package that will work with either
vchkpw or vpopmail at:

http://mail2.istrength.net/~jmarler/vpopmail

Source and slink .deb's are there.  It also works fine under potato.  No
big surprise.

The last time I checked out qmailadmin I wasn't that impressed with it.
Maybe I'll have to check it out, and package it as well.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed that Corel picked qmail as the MTA
of choice for Corel Linux?  And that they are distributing a qmail binary
package inside Corel Linux as well?  (With my -src packages on the source
CD)  I wonder if they struck a deal with Dan, or if they just decided they
were going to do it anyways.

Jon
jmarler@debian.org