Debian on Sparc

I'm looking for some experiences with Debian on Sparc architecture.  We
have a Sun Netra i ... "uname -a" says it is a sun4m Sparc.  I don't know
much about the machine other than it seems quite fast.  I like the idea of
Linux on the machine because then we will have a consistent build and
upgrade process (one I like) on all servers.

What I'd like to know is will this be a stable platform to run Debian on
and are all the free software packages available on Sparc that are
available on i386? Specifically, the machine must run apache, mod_ssl and
mod_php.  I may also consider running mod_perl depending if the machine has
the horsepower behind it.

Also I think I will go straight to a potato install ... I don't mind a few
months of instability as I think the 2.1->2.2 upgrade would prove more
problematic than the inconvenience of constant package upgrades (most of
which I could skip at first).

Thoughts and experiences appreciated!

Fraser