Msql question

Anyone familiar with Msql and accessing it via the Perl module?

Any idea why the following line isn't creating anything in my database

#!/usr/bin/perl

use Msql;
$databasename = "vendor1";

$dbh = Msql->connect("",$databasename);

$dbitem_add = $dbh->query("insert into products (vendpart, datestamp,
brand, manpart, descript, resaleprice, whlslprice, listprice, inventory)
values ($product_info[$vendpart], $date_stamp, $product_info[$brand],
$product_info[$manpart], $product_info [$descript],
$product_info[$resellprc], $product_info[$whlslprc],
$product_info[$listprc], $product_info[$inventory]");

Assuming of course that @product_info is properly stuffed with data, and
that the index references do exist properly.

Any insights are ever so welcome - I'm cutting lots of new teeth on this
crazy project.

Pete

--
Peter J. Templin, Jr., CCNA
Systems and Networks Administrator

On-Line Internet Services - URDirect.net
A division of Global On-Line Computers
2414 Babcock Rd. Suite 106		templin@urdirect.net
San Antonio, TX 78229			(210)692-9911