Re: autoresponder to send MIME attached file?

Maybe you could just use mpack (from the debian package of the same name
I think) to pack your word files into ordinary mime message bodies ready
to send and then just apply the same techniques you used before to send
each particular file.

If you really want some code to programatically pack and send files, I
have some from my personal utility library written in C. It is just two
functions, basically a MIME encoder and a raw 'SMTP send'. It doesn't
rely on any outside programs or anything and will build on most any UNIX
or NT (all it really needs is a sockets-like api). I'll post it somewhere
if anyone is interested.