RE: IMAP Experiences.

Gee dejavu...  I just mentioned the Cyrus Server which
I use inhouse for our IMAP services.  It can use PAM.  I don't
know if there is a .deb package for it, but it compiles easily
on debian.  I am using an older version however.  Their newer
version looks even easier to do your custom mods.  One of the
things I changed was to add in notification services over and
above the one they have defined.

I didn't really like the UW Imap server all that much.  I do use
the C-Client library, and Mark Crispin who is mainly responsible
for this software has had a big hand in developing the IMAP standard.

Not that your really need to be told, but I've heard that MS-Exchange
does weird things when you try to configure it as an IMAP server.

Bill Suetholz