Web based configuration

I will be deploying remote servers and want to make them manageable via a
web browser.  In the most cases these will be mail servers.  I would just
like the ability to add and delete domains from sendmail.cw and
mailertable. The scripts will be run over an authenticated https

First of all, I'm sure someone somewhere has done this.  What is the best
approach?  Somewhere I assume the scripts need to be suid root?

Secondly, if it has been done, where can I download it?