Re: httpd acceleration

Moin vasil@eos.dobrich.net,

> My question is,how could I fasten up things?

  first try to determine the the current situation:

  How much %CPU is spent in in the top processes, how much ethernet
  and disk activity is done. You may get the best results by thowing
  your filter script away (and replace it with a C program :-) and by
  upgrading hardware to use intelligent systems (Adaptec instead of IDE,
  3COM instead of ne2k-pci) and to stay on a single machine. A load that
  is to high, compared to top, suggests bad subsystems, e.g. IDE.

> Right now machine is running at
> 4-5 load ,and there is plenty of free memory...Any ideas?

  If disk activity is low, but scripts cause a high low, use a virtual
  frontend group of http servers, mounting a raid system by NFS and
  connecting to a database server via DBI/DBD.

Bye Michael
--
  mailto:kraehe@copyleft.de     	UNA:+.? 'CED+2+:::Linux:1.2:13'UNZ+1'
  http://www.xml-edifact.org/		CETERUM CENSEO MSDOS ESSE DELENDAM