Re: How to limit it ?

[...]
> > -c max core file size (KB)
> > -d max data size (KB)
> > etc..  like it is discribed in limits man page (man limits) but use
> > lowercase instead uppercase.
> Partial solution. Don't assume the entire world uses bash.
...but if you place in /etc/passwd at shell place /bin/bash or
/bin/lshell/bash it will work always ? Am i wrong ?

> > I think it will be enough.
> > I think theres no information about it in the Internet.
> About 'ulimit'? 'man bash' or 'help ulimit' on bash prompt - everything's
> there.
Yes, there are information... my man db has had problem - now it is solved
:)

> > My next problem is how to hide other lines in /etc/passwd file and
> > /etc/group ... One user should see only his own line.
> > Any ideas ?
> Why would you want to do that? A partial solution is to set the mode of the
> /etc/ directory to 711 - this will prevent them from browsing the dir. Of
> course, anyone familiar with unix will just do 'more /etc/passwd' :)).
> Another option for you is to use the glibc's database feature. Take a look
> at the /var/lib/misc/ directory. Run 'make' in that directory and you will
> have a bunch of .db files that contain exactly the same what /etc/passwd
> /etc/group and the likes. The NSS library can be configured to use these
> files first so that, theoretically, you can 'chmod 600 /etc/{passwd,group}'
> and setup a cronjob that will remake the database every hour or so, and
> remember to remake the database every time you add a new user :)).
... partial sollution ;) i have a lot of job. Better is to write module or
patch kernel sources, just rewrite open(..)function code :)
Any one can do this ?

G.