Re: icradius+mysql question

Hello Christian !

> Well I can't help you but probably you can me :-)

OK! I am glad to help You ( If I can .... of course ;-)

> I once tried to get some radius daemons with mysql running but failed.

> If you have a working solution which supports Ascend-MAX then I would
> like to get more information.

I use icradiusd-0.8 and mysql-3.22.26 with Cisco AS5200 and
portslave-1.16 (
Linux ) ....
Sorry I don't know anything about Ascend-MAX ... but if it supports
radius
protocol it will
work :-)
icradiusd is Cistron Radius Server pached to work with mySQL ...
I like this solution. It works fine for me .... but there is no complete

documentation
and I look in source to understand what I should write in mySQL database
:(((

Go to URL:
http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/unix/databases/relational/mysql/Downloads/Contrib/icradius.README

and read .... I spent a couple of hours to make it works ... but after
this I
met some
difficulty .... :((  I wrote about this in my previous letter:)

> Maybe you can send me the SQL table
> description, the config files and the program versions you used ?

There is description of tables in icradius-0.8.tar.gz ... read carefuly
and
write...
All that has written there is true ;-) .... I like it! :))

> (don't forget to erase the passwords :-))))

I use Auth-Type = System and don't worry - there aren't any passwords in
SQL
database :)))....
but listen ...  look in docs and readme files and try ...
If somethig doesn't work for You I will be glad to help You !!!

OK?! :-0
I hope so :)))))))

Good luck!!!
Bye !

begin:vcard
n:Tenev;Gancho
tel;fax:+359 42 600250
tel;work:+359 42 600350
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Vereya Cable;VEREYAnet
adr:;;30 Ruski Str.;Stara Zagora;Stara Zagora;;Bulgaria
version:2.1
email;internet:gancho@mbox.vereya.net
title:System administrator
x-mozilla-cpt:;17248