Re: Round Robin DNS

At 03:33 PM 9/23/99 -0400, tps@major.pita.org wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 09:29:53PM +0200, burzum@horyzont.com.pl wrote:
>> I am not sure, but as far as i know RR does not depend or kernel, or dist,
>> but on Bind version. What kind of problems do you have ?
>
>I have the RRs set up according to the book, but bind8 always spits back
>the 1st address.

When you say "by the book" are you referencing Paul & Crickets' _DNS and
Bind_?  If you are I seem to recall that they offer an alternative to the
round robin game in the advanced topics chapter....(10?)  Sorry, loaned my
copy to a buddy and don't have it handy just now to provide mmore detail.

Ciao-- Ken
http://www.y2know.org/safari

Failure is not an option- it comes bundled with your Microsoft product.