Re: ISDN...... headache :)

Hi "Jersey",

"J.M. \"Jersey\" Miszczyk" wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to configure a PC running Debian "Slink" Linux to be an
> Internet access device. Using "DialD" and standard modem everything is
> working 100%. My headache starts when I try to connect using ISDN Netgear
> XM126S Digital modem. The only things I change are: Initialisation string
> for the modem, login name and the password. Even dial-up number is the
> same.

What kind of ISDN Outogoung Service use your ISP?
Generally  comes used the PPP protocol on ISDN.

--

In the modem initialization string try force PPP or PPP asynch-to-synch
over ISDN.

Best Regards,
fabrizio
--

		 Fabrizio Tivano
		Technical Support

---===|_ |_|| |\|_ |_| : Via Boucheron 18, 10122 TORINO
---=== _||  | |/|_ | \ : Tel. +39-11-540003 http://www.spider.it
           electronics : Fax +39-11-531206 mailto:suppor@spider.it