ISDN...... headache :)

Hello all,

I am trying to configure a PC running Debian "Slink" Linux to be an
Internet access device. Using "DialD" and standard modem everything is
working 100%. My headache starts when I try to connect using ISDN Netgear
XM126S Digital modem. The only things I change are: Initialisation string
for the modem, login name and the password. Even dial-up number is the
same.
The system simply times out IPCP negotiation :(. But it looks like the
pasword and login negotiation is successful. I got "welcome" message from
the remote host, which I do not get when I do not supply the correct
password in the "pap-secrets" file.
Did anyone have similar problem?
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards
J.M. "Jersey" Miszczyk