Re: IDE backup on single host (was: Re: Software backup)

> > Ingenious. :b
> >
> > Does it work reliably with devfs? (So that devices don't magically
> > reappear after deletion, for example)?
>
> I can hear sarcasm in your words,

Not at all - except towards my own stupidity for not even thinking of such a
simple solution. :)

The follow-up question was just that does removing and recreating the device
files work OK with devfs - do they stay deleted? I.e. when does devfs(d)
create the devices? On startup only, "on demand" or does it poll through them
periodically?

- Jarno