Re: IPv6 with Zen in the UK

On Saturday 01 April 2023 at 15:38:59 +0100, Mike Crowe wrote:
> On Saturday 01 April 2023 at 16:18:43 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> > Finding good DHCPv6 clients with PPP support used to be difficult (the
> > one from ISC only worked on ethernet).  I don't know the current status.
> > One would hope that modern network managers like systemd-networkd or
> > NetworkManager just works...
>
> I did try running ISC dhclient and that would explain my lack of success. I
> found mention of wide-dhcpv6-client, which appears to be in Debian, so I'll
> have a look at that and also maybe dhcpcd which seems to be rather better
> in my experience.

I had a go at running dhcpcd and just got "invalid argument" errors, so it
appears that it doesn't like ppp interfaces either.

wide-dhcpv6-client seemed happier to work with the ppp interface. It sent
out DHCPv6 solicit requests and they got responses from the link-local
address of the PPPoE remote. Unfortunately, those responses seemed rather
similar to the router advertisements in that they just contained a
delagation of ::/128 and a status code of "NoPrefixAvail".

Mike.