Re: RA learned prefix added to routing table is not deleted on ra route flush

Thanks, Marc for the response.  However, the route was created because of the prefix that was received in the RA. Hence it should be marked as "ra" too. I feel that makes more sense. We will be able to correctly identify all the routes that were added due to a received RA.

Dheeraj

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 1:32 AM Marc Haber <mh+debian-ipv6@zugschlus.de> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 11:11:05AM -0400, Dheeraj Kandula wrote:
>       When I enabled Router Advertisement on the interface on which I want
> to receive RA, the received prefix was added to the routing table. The
> default route was added with the tag "ra" but not the prefix.

I can only guess, but my guess is that it doesn't marked that way
because it strictly speaking didnt come from an RA but was generated
because an IP address was configured on the Interface. That is most
probably the same mechanism that is used when an IP address is manually
configured on the interface.

> When I flush the ra learned routes using the following command, only the
> default route gets removed. Why doesn't the prefix which is *bolded* above
> get deleted too?

Because the route was not learned via RA. I find that correct behavior.

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber         | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Leimen, Germany    |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421