Re: IPv6 status on Debian for workstations / DHCP networks?

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 08:48:09PM +0200, Andrew Shadura wrote:
> You can use guessnet with a custom test script to select one of the
> configuration you need based on the rdisc6/ndisc6 output. Probably, we
> can have it in guessnet as a built-in test.

Or just have a daemon listen to netlink events… oh wait.

(And yes, the kernel will notify you of RAs as they arrive. That's how RDNSS
information gets passed down to userspace. No need to wiretap the device.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

PS: I stand to my original statement that it is currently not possible.