Re: auto6to4

"Barak A. Pearlmutter" <barak@cs.nuim.ie> writes:

> I wrote a script to activate 6to4 (protocol 41 tunnel to anycast
> address) and route/advertise a subnet.  I've just wrapped it inside a
> debian package, the idea being that people could go
>
>   apt-get install auto6to4

6to4? The soon to be deprecated protocol? I don't think that it makes
much sense to use it or provide a package. See

https://labs.ripe.net/Members/emileaben/6to4-how-bad-is-it-really

for details.

6in4 provide e.g. by tunnelbroker.net or sixxs is a much better
solution (if your provider doesn't offer native IPv6).

Jens
| Foelderichstr. 40   | 13595 Berlin, Germany    | +49-151-18721264     |
| http://blog.quux.de | jabber: jenslink@guug.de | -------------------  |