Re: IPv6 support in d-i

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 08, 2012 at 03:03:56PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Florian Lohoff,
>
> Am 2012-09-08 13:30:39, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > NAT64 breaks to much stuff - My humble guess working for ISPs and
> > dealing with IPv6 introduction is that we will see DualStack "forever"
> > with RFC1918 adresses and NAT44 ...
>
> I consider already to give Static IPv6 adresses to my customers (free.fr
> and alice-dsl.de do the same) which should solv some problems...
>
> What do you think about?

I'd like to see that happening - The Internet or IP was always thought
as a peer to peer or "any to any" communication protocol. With NAT
and Dynamic IP Addresses breaking this principle. There was no
server and no client definition in the original thoughts of IP.

> I have more IPv6 addresses,  as  I  need  to  provide  Baden-Wuertemberg
> internet access and take over Google.  :-D

My guess is that our "Privacy" people will prohibit static prefixes
for subscribers. Most people havent heard about privacy extensions and
the size of prefixes e.g. /56 where to hide a single workstation.

Tracking subscribers or users by cookies is much simpler than by IP
Address.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f@zz.de