Re: IPv6 across suspend / resume -- who is responsible for flushing?

    >> I suspended my laptop from my home (wifi) network which has
    >> native IPv6. I resume it on the VIA train which does not have any
    >> IPv6.
    >>
    >> I still have the prefix from home, so my laptop thinks it should
    >> still use it.  I could turn the lifetime in the RA down a bunch,
    >> but that seems wrong.

    >> Whose fault is this?  Should the kernel aggressively do RS' when
    >> it resumes?  Should some userspace thing run rdisc6 upon resume?
    >> Should the kernel flush IPv6 routes when the essid is changed?
    >> Should NetworkManager be doing this?

    Andrew> I think you should use ifplugd or a similar tool to put the
    Andrew> interfaces down when you turn them off physically. Or, you
    Andrew> may want to modify your suspend/resume scripts.

I used to use ifplugd, but NetworkManager is supposed to do more,
particularily as it relates to WPA and crap like that.

But, I think you are pointing a finger at NetworkManager not cleaning
out the IPv6 info properly, or possibly that I am not telling
NetworkManager about the suspend properly.

I essentially run only enough of GNOME-Panel to let network-manager
work,  so it's possible I'm missing some element.

	               then sign the petition.