IPv6 with ISC DHCP 4.1.1

I am trying to set up dhclient (4.1.1-P1-7) to retrieve stateless
parameters, specifically the domain name and DNS server, from a router
which contains a DHCpv6 server.

jdc:~# dhclient -6 -S -v eth0
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Client 4.1.1-P1
Copyright 2004-2010 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit https://www.isc.org/software/dhcp/

Bound to *:546
Listening on Socket/eth0
Sending on   Socket/eth0
PRC: Requesting information (INIT).
XMT: Forming Info-Request, 0 ms elapsed.
XMT: Info-Request on eth0, interval 930ms.
RCV: Reply message on eth0 from fe80::214:6aff:fe1c:83d5.
PRC: Done.

/sbin/dhclient-script does not appear to be executed, and no changes are
made in /etc/resolv.conf.

It is quite possible that I have misconfigured something, and there
could well be bugs involved.

How is this supposed to work, and what further testing would you
recommend?

As a separate question, how do I obtain the duid of the client for use
in DHCPv6 server configurations?

I can establish a testing scenario with the corresponding
isc-dhcp-server package as the server for either stateless configuration
or full address leases.