Re: iptables MARK breaks radvd

green wrote (Wed 2010-Jun-30 11:19:58 -0500):

> For use with shaping, there is an ip6tables rule like this:
>  ip6tables -t mangle -A OUTPUT -j MARK --set-mark 0x4/0xf
..
> Unfortunately the above ip6tables rule breaks radvd.  Nothing different happens
> except clients do not seem to see the advertisements and so get no ipv6
> address.

Just an idea -- I have at several occasions seen the call to
sendto() fail if the packet passed to the operating system
matches a MARKing rule in the "mangle" table (at least for
IPv4). If radvd does not catch that (and transforms it into a
log message), it may remain unnoticed. An strace could show
if this is happening for you.

Cheers, Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  <mcg@cheers.de>  ·  https://cheers.de