Re: new script: auto6to4

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 00:39 +0000, Barak A. Pearlmutter wrote:
> I've written a short script that, when run on a first-class IPv4 host,
> makes it a IPv6 host via a protocol-41 uplink, and also makes an IPv6
> cloud around it.
> [...]
>  - if they find or fix any bugs, or make any other improvements

I'm not using Linux, but I like the idea and the script looks fine so
far, except...

> #!/bin/bash -f
a) I can't find a reference to -f in the bash info pages.
b) Do you really NEED bash? If not, I'd suggest using /bin/sh,
not /bin/bash. The script is certainly linux specific at the moment, and
Linux usually uses bash, but this might change. Just a suggestion,
though.

"Linux specific": Supporting *BSD in it wouldn't be to difficult, just
wrapping the ip calls into small wrappers, and changing a few linuxisms
into their respective *BSDisms. :)

HTH,
--
Andreas