Re: How to use DNSmasq as Ipv6 DNS and DHCP server ?

rdenis-debian-ipv6@simphalempin.com a écrit :
> Le Mercredi 2 Novembre 2005 16:44, kmlhk79-ipv6@yahoo.com.hk a écrit :
>
>>But radvd is a advertise router which are not doing
>>DHCP server jobs (i.e. assign other network
>>information to the hosts : DNS server , Default
>>Gateway, dynamic update Ip address on DNS ...etc).
>

> I doubt DNSmasq supports DHCPv6 if that is your problem. Anyway, I don't
> know any Linux distribution with a supported DHCPv6 client, and
> Microsoft Windows doesn't have it yet either, so I'd rather stick with
> radvd (and DNS requests over IPv4).
>
> So long as you are going dual-stack, it should work pretty well.

As far as I know, dibbler[1] has been included in Gentoo a while ago.
It is a DHCPv6 implementation for Linux. And there is also an unofficial
Debian package and a Windows client available.

You can try the attempt to port Kame's dhcpv6 to linux[2] or even Kame's
dhcpv6 client and server[3], which compile fairly good on my two
computers (x86 and amd64 running ubuntu breezy).

[1] http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
[2] http://dhcpv6.sourceforge.net/
[3] http://www.kame.net/

Moreover bind is not that hard to configure for IPv6 and there is plenty
of documentation.

--
Jérémie Corbier
http://resel.enst-bretagne.fr