Re: Ipv6 DNS and ipv4 host - Tranistion problem

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:32:05PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > > With current policy you should. But there is a movement of thought
> > > towards /56's becoming the standard.
> >
> > hmm, what's the reasoning behind the change?
>
> Just a guess: Home networks probably won't need /48 networks.

I'm working on a research project where subnetting might actually be very
much appliccable, for example when you are using NEMO and you have several
mobile routers (each with its own /64 or bigger subnet), and you still want
to keep part of your entire prefix to be subnettable outside of the HA's
realm, then you may feel a little bit cramped by a /56.

To be honest, having 4 /58 ranges available is still quite enough not to be
very worried, but I don't feel comfortable when even before IPv6 has any
sort of acceptance, the freedom of a wide address space is already taken
away....

Cheers

/Simon