Re: Ping6 on Debian sarge running 2.4.27-2-586tsc kernel

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 02:05:45PM +0800, kmlhk79-ipv6@yahoo.com.hk wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I am using an old P133MHz CPU to run Sarge with kennel
> 2.4.27-2-586tsc as an internet gateway for my local
> network.
>
> I want to config it become an IPv6 over v4 tunnel
> router as well.
>
> I have installed tspc client to connect Freenet6 via
> HEXAGO. The Ipv6 address has been config for the eth0.
>
> However , when I try to run Ping6 , the command does
> not exist.

You need to install a few extra packages, then. ping6 can be found in
the "iputils-ping" package. Other interesting packages are
iputils-tracepath (with traceroute6) and iproute (with the ip command,
which is far more flexible than ifconfig and has many more features,
especially useful if using ipv6)

pavement is precisely one bananosecond