Re: Ipv6 resolution problem

Craig Small a écrit :
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:20:02AM +0200, Jérôme NENERT wrote:

I've got a Debian testing with full IPv6 ( no IPv4 ). Kernel 2.6.11.
Ipv6 works perfectly : i ping an IPv6 web server on the internet.
I filled my IPv6 DNS server in /etc/resolv.conf :
_ ping6 www.kame.net => "unknow host"
_ dig or nslookup www.kame.net => www.kame.net is resolved.
Any idea about what's wrong ?

ping uses NSS (Name Service Switch) to work out what "databases" to
use for resolving, dns being one potiential database.

dig and nslookup don't use NSS but directly go to DNS, as they are DNS
tools. Also you didn't say what query type you used for them, but I
assume you're trying to find the AAAA record.

Could the resolver library not be IPv6 aware?  The unknow(sic) problem
was a while ago so maybe its an old library?  You could try tracing on
the network to see what it is trying to do.

 - Craig

I have another Debian machine with the same lic6 version but a different kernel version and it works.