Re: IPv4/IPv6 router

On Thu, 2005-01-06 at 10:58 +0100, Frederic Beck wrote:

> i think i just need to enabled the forwarding
> for both IPv4 and IPv6, and configure radvd to
> advertise the prefixe on my LAN interface.
>
> - is it correctly supported under debian ?

I have successfully used the Debian radvd before. It works just as
advertised.

> - what do i need to do to ensure the routing for my LAN in IPv6 with the
> rest of the network ?

'ip -6 route' is what you need to add a default route from the internal
network and to add a route to the internal network on the border router.
It behaves with IPv6 just as it does with IPv4.

> - can i avoid setting a NAT for IPv4 ?

Sure, use IPv6 instead...

Unless you have enough address space for you internal hosts, there is no
way around using damn NAT for IPv4 edge networks.