Re: multiple v6 address config

>>>>> "Wouter" == Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:

Wouter> Op zo 06-06-2004, om 23:55 schreef Peter Chubb:
>> For what it's worth, I often find that IPv6 connections start out
>> as if they were unidirectional --- from one machine, pings go
>> nowhere; when another machine pings the first, everything starts
>> working.

Wouter> The reason is that you have to remember that IPv6 isn't native
Wouter> on the Internet yet. If you're using a tunnel, it gets
Wouter> tunneled in IPv4 packets, and your firewall has to allow
Wouter> those, also for new connections.  If it doesn't, you'll see
Wouter> that the sensible IPv4 rules on the firewall block incoming
Wouter> IPv6 packets, and you can't do anything reasonable.

That's not the case for me... all the addresses are on an internal
network; there is no firewall in between (although there is a Linux
machine acting as a router)

--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*