Re: ip6tables and connection tracking

Hello Fabio,

On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:37:24 +0200 (CEST)
Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:

> Hi all guys,
> 	I just finished a push to our ipv6 mirrors of a new iptables
> package.
> This package adds support for ipv6 connection tracking (from USAGI
> project). BE AWARE that the i could perform only a few tests on it and
> it might not work everywhere.

I'm using your iptables and the kernel patch from USAGI and it works
fine on my system. Since ipv6 is stateful I can try to connect to
freenet6.net and test the ip protocol of the next generation.

There are a lot of packages on your homepage which has additional ipv6
patches. But why are official debian packages shipped without the ipv6
support enabled? It's only a additional flag or something for the
maintainer to make them ipv6-ready.

> Please report to me any success/failure. Feedback is appreciated

Jörg

--
Jörg Schütter           http://www.lug-untermain.de/
joerg@schuetter.org     http://www.schuetter.org/joerg/