Re: ip6tables and connection tracking

Hello Fabio,

On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:11:57 +0200 (CEST)
Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 May 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Jörg Schütter wrote:
>
> > Hello Fabio,
> >
> > On Wed, 19 May 2004 13:37:24 +0200 (CEST)
> > Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabbione@fabbione.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi all guys,
> > > 	I just finished a push to our ipv6 mirrors of a new iptables
> > > package.
> > > This package adds support for ipv6 connection tracking (from USAGI
> > > project). BE AWARE that the i could perform only a few tests on it and it
> > > might not work everywhere.
> >
> > my firewall runs on Woody with kernel 2.6.6. Where can I find the patch
> > for iptables? With this patch I'll try to patch a backport
> > http://www.gothgoose.net/debian/woody/backports/source/ so it can work
> > on Woody.
>
> There is no real patch for iptables. I had to integrate the USAGI work
> into our Debian package. Just grab the iptables package and recompile it
> for woody. I am sorry but due to lack of time i am close to drop any woody
> support. Sid is enough work already and it is lagging a lot.

it's a lot easier than I thought. Only unpacking the tar-file, running
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -b
from the new directory and having the line
deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free
in /etc/apt/sources.list worked for me.

Jörg

--