Re: ISP blocking packets with protocol 41 ?

| Can you think of any other reason, apart from ISP problems, on why reply
| packets can't reach my interface ?
ISP problems (or their uplink!)

| My provider is Infostrada, one of the major providers in Italy, I'm
| using their ADSL service, if someone else is using that provider and
| ipv6, that would be great news for me.
You should take it up with Infostrada. They probably are not selling you
unfiltered IP access.

| A question keeps biting be, though: why someone would want to block
| protocol 41 ? They aren't even offering IPv6 connectivity...
It's most probably not them blocking proto-41 traffic inbound. The ISP
I was a (satisfied!) customer at in Belgium (Telenet) blocks all sorts
of incoming traffic (ie, they block everything except tcp/udp/icmp/igmp
proto). I could not tunnel IPIP, IPv6IP, GRE, and could not connect inbound
to ports TCP < 1024.

You could request unfiltered access, or move to another ISP. At SixXS
(http://www.sixxs.net/) we have several italian users. I know of at least
one who's upstream was blocking proto41 (amongst others).

--
Met vriendelijke groet,     /\ ___/